Thursday, November 02, 2006

POEM - Many times

Many times I felt that the Lord was not with me, and I often wondered if it was true that He was there…
Now I see that it was not I who was not with Him…
I went my own way and left His glory, walking in the rags of my own self- righteousness.

Many times I felt that the Lord did not hear me and I often wondered if He even bothered to listen…
Now I see that He always heard me when I called out to Him – in sickness & in health, in joy as well as in pain…
The problem was that I did not try hard enough to listen to Him and hear what He had to say.

Many times I felt that the Lord was too far from me to even know about how I was doing here on earth, too far to see the burden of my everyday life, too far to care…
Now I realize that He is closer to me than my skin, He sent His only son to die on the cross for me, bearing the burden of my sin and shame upon His torn and weary body…
Yet He came back to life, to prove to me that He is greater than all my problems and burdens… WHY?

Many times I often wondered WHY?
Why did He do all that?
Why did He die for a sinner like me?
It was I who turned from Him, I who never tried to listen to His voice, I who thought Him too far to care…
WHY???

HE DID IT BECAUSE HE LOVED ME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home