Thursday, November 02, 2006

POEM - Letting go

Two simple words yet they mean so much
One small phrase yet it carries such weight

Letting go it is not easy because it means moving on
It means that times are changing and so are we

Letting go is the last thing on my mind.
But you’re gone now and it’s hard to accept

Gone are your smiles and gone are your tears
Gone is your laughter and gone are your fears

Letting go is so very hard to do yet I must do it.
But then Letting go is actually easier now

Since I have Jesus beside me to take your place
He was always there for us when we were together

And now He is here for me and there with you
Letting go is not so hard because through Jesus we have an eternity to live.

_____________________________________________________


This was written at a time when I had to say goodbye to some very good friends who had moved to another country, saying goodbye is never easy and letting go even more so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home