Thursday, November 02, 2006

POEM - Equal: To be or not?

It makes me wonder how we can be so equal in Your sight and yet are not.
It shocks me when I see racial indifference in the eyes of Your most Prized creation.
The hatred we bear towards one another,
Only because of the variance of the colour of our skin.

Your Word affirmed our status as Equals in every aspect of Life.
You laid down the One Law that is above all, “Love your neighbour as you love yourself.”
Love each other unconditionally, easy to say, hard to follow.

Abba, I know that it begins with me;
So please help me to love unconditionally,
To treat all as equals; regardless of race, religion or colour of skin.
I want to love all peoples unconditionally just as you love me.

Equal – To be or not?
I choose to be.
____________________________________________________

Note: -
I wrote this poem to address the issue of racism within the church, a shocking yet true revelation. It was my prayer that when people read it that they would choose to be equals and love unconditionally as outlined in the third stanza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home